Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 2nd)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

New Here
Posted on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:59 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have always loved crafting crocheting and cross stitching i have done for over almost 40 years now and decided to try something new. I started working with beads have done that on and off for many years but never really tried working with chain maille. Hope to learn alot here and make alot of friends. Thanks

[b]I am new here! Hello.[/b]
Posted on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Code:
I have been making chain since 2009. I have all kinds of hobbies but this is by far my favorite. I hope that this works. I am not familiar with bbcode. If it doesn't then I will repeat this process until it works. That is how I do things.

I couldn't think of anything sarcastic to say.

Posted on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:07 pm

This might be a little difficult as I am on my I-Pad. I'll jump on the computer a little later. Anyway, I'm not young or old, I'm in between Very Happy I've been learning the basics of mail so far. And now it's time to learn some other things. I have made a game bag. Lots of cussing went on while doing so. I guess I'll be increasing that talent too. I am from and live South Carolina. USA. Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Thanks.

Hello!
Posted on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello, I am Nina and I have an interest in a variety of jewelry making techniques like beading and...you guessed it! Chainmaille! I'm fairly new to this community, but I am enjoying myself immensely. I actually work for a company that manufactures hand tools, so it's always fun to try out my pliers on new materials and applications. Hope to get to know some of you and learn more about all these rings!

Nina Blaicher
Needlenose PliersTronex ToolsCutters

Posted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Greetings all! I'm new to the site and have been contemplating trying my hand at maille. I joined this site mostly to poke around for tips, weaves, do's and dont's and maybe even finding a new friend or two. I'm still in the thinking stage and not in the doing, so any words of wisdom you guys have is welcome. I'm from Mobile, Alabama and have recently become a work-at-home gal so my free time has expanded and I thought maille would be a great way to fill some of my time as I'm not exactly a knitting or crocheting type of girl. Very Happy

“Today...
I need wine to swallow the bitter truth...
Tomorrow...
I will resurrect from the ashes...
You...
Watch and burn...”
Jasmina Mednolu

Hello!
Posted on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm a long time crafter and this is my first time finding the site. I took formal classes back in the early 2000's and was hooked on maille. I have been making things on and off again. And finally picked up the wire & pliers again. Thanks for having me! Very Happy

Hello
Posted on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi, I'm just a deaf gal hiding away in Iowa. I've been toying with chainmail jewelry off and on for the past couple of years and always find myself coming back here for the picture tutorials... they sure do help make things make more sense!

Hello from Orlando, FL!
Posted on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Hello everyone! My Name is Sherry Fox, and I am new to the art of chain maille. I tried it out with cheap "non-chain maille" rings to test the waters, and simply fell in love with it. I have only made one piece so far with proper chain maille rings (thanks to TRL), and it was a Byzantine Bracelet, aside from the practice I need on closures, it turned out great.

I am from Orlando, FL, and I am a Financial Analyst, which means many long hours, so available time for chain maille is not in abundance. However I have found the process of chain maille quite relaxing, and a great way for me to "decompress" from all the work related stress.

Posted on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi - I live in Montana and began learning chainmaille about 7 months ago and have learned (thru DVDs by Spider, which are terrific, and other tuts including ones on this site) about 20 weaves so far - not expert in any but have done these successfully at least once. I design jewelry - I do fused glass, wire wrapping, metal clay, metalsmithing, and kumihimo (Japanese braiding with and without beads). Have wanted to add chainmaille to my jewelry for sure time. What great fun it's been learning thus far - so many weaves and so little time! Thanks for the great tuts!

Posted on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:09 am

Hi I'm new to mailling. I maille 2 - 4 hours per day, I am trying to combine maille with leather ie braclets etc. I plait leather whips including stock, bull and snake. I have made 4 maille belts , 2 ties, and numerous bracelets. I am limited to 2mm and 1.6mm galvanised wire. I have recently found some 1.6mm stainless steel wire. I practise with the galv.

Posted on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:28 am

Hi all,

I'm 20 and currently working as a NT Ranger and working on my degree; hidden away in Shropshire, England.

New to chainmail - been meaning to give it a try for a couple of years. Anyway, started on my first project (intended to be a byzantine bracelet but mis-ordered rings so have changed to the byz-beez to butterflies weave).

Anyhow, any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lostcontent Very Happy

Into my heart an air that kills

Brand new Newbie!
Posted on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:46 am

Hello all. I started weaving yesterday and I already have two weaves under my belt - the Byzantine and the Box Chain. I am liking the hobby already and I like the way the weaving process is meditative. It is very relaxing. I bought a few packages of Artistic Wire jump rings (20g 9/64-inch) to practice with. I am starting to drool over the many beautiful weaves out there and will eventually get to at least some of them.

Submissions: 42

Posted on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Welcome! It is great to have so many new people joining us. Don't forget to share what you make so we can help you improve, ask questions and share your experiences with other.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Juby, and I am new to mailling.

I'm from Spain, I am a cosplayer and I made some reenactment, (so, I used to work my clothing and props) but few months ago I started practising mailling because i love chainmail armors Razz and, wow, i wanna do incredible pieces like yours!

I really too glad, to see such a lot of people enjoying this, and I really hope to learn a lot and share my works here.

Thanks to everyone!!! (and so sorry for my bad english) ^^'

Hi all!
Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:55 pm

First time poster, long time lurker. I've been doing maille for about 12 years now, I believe. I'll be 36 in a few weeks and I live in Minnesota. I play in two heavy metal bands and I have a Facebook page for my maille under the same name (InfiniteChain).

Jump to:  
Page 69 of 90. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 88, 89, 90  Next