weave admins
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 388

weave admins
Posted on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:41 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

i've had some weaves sitting in que for 2 months now. i understand people are busy, and no disrespect to narrina, but this is getting out of hand. this is the top website for chainmaille information and if people are too busy to keep it going efficiently, then we need more or new people. yes, i know everyone here volunteers their time and the work that has been done is much appreciated, but isn't there a better way? a faster way? perhaps there are some suggestions to make things better?

is it possible to ask for donations and have that money go toward paying the admins? that way their positions would be less volunteer and they might be motivated to work here more.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:43 pm

im sure it will happen in due course. summer is a busy season for people especially vendors.

Submissions: 20

Re: weave admins
Posted on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 am

mithrilweaver wrote:
i've had some weaves sitting in que for 2 months now. i understand people are busy, and no disrespect to narrina, but this is getting out of hand. this is the top website for chainmaille information and if people are too busy to keep it going efficiently, then we need more or new people. yes, i know everyone here volunteers their time and the work that has been done is much appreciated, but isn't there a better way? a faster way? perhaps there are some suggestions to make things better?

is it possible to ask for donations and have that money go toward paying the admins? that way their positions would be less volunteer and they might be motivated to work here more.

I suspect this is less a volunteer/payment issue, than a larger overarching issue with the machinations of this site...
There is an overly long delay, on many things that live in the Queue, and despite some changes I have implemented over the past while to do with this, there is still no clear line for "Ding Ding, this has been here too long..."

While I understand your frustrations, Late June and Mid July aren't exactly unreasonable timelines for something to sit in the queue...
(Given that there are edits/deletes/submits that have been there since February... With much discussion on them.)

I shouldn't really discuss individual submissions further, but if you would like to contact my privately to discuss your submissions, I invite you to do so Smile My PM's drop directly to my phone, and I am always reachable.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1