'Beginner Basics' article is blank?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 0

'Beginner Basics' article is blank?
Posted on Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Not sure if this qualifies as a 'bug', or maybe an 'oversight', 'error', 'mistake', or perhaps some other form of unfortunate occurrence, but the 'Beginner Basics' article appears to be blank / empty / devoid of content.
It appears to have been originally submitted in 2011 and last edited in 2013, so I would not think that it is merely 'under construction' or otherwise in the midst of an edit that would be the source of it's (then temporary) emptiness.

Submissions: 313

Posted on Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm

I believe that article uses html and is incompatible with the bbcode system. There used to be a "view original" button when we were transitioning all the older html-coded articles to the new versions.

That article was skipped because its layout looked the same as the rest of the site with all the blue bars and stuff. Also, it turns out it can't be edited. I'm hoping there's a way its format can be preserved. It certainly should be addressed. You get a blank page with no content when you click on "New Here?".

*looks at DL*

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2016-02-10) 203 + 17

Submissions: 20

Posted on Wed May 21, 2014 1:47 am

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
I believe that article uses html and is incompatible with the bbcode system. There used to be a "view original" button when we were transitioning all the older html-coded articles to the new versions.

That article was skipped because its layout looked the same as the rest of the site with all the blue bars and stuff. Also, it turns out it can't be edited. I'm hoping there's a way its format can be preserved. It certainly should be addressed. You get a blank page with no content when you click on "New Here?".

*looks at DL*

>.>
<.<

Who, me?

It's on my hitlist...

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1