Sources for EPDM Colored Rings
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 388

Posted on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

not positive about fmg being buna. they might be some kind of silicone. there may be some differences in degradation like you've seen. but yes, most agree that epdm is the best for chainmaille application.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:22 pm

They really don't feel like any silicone I've encountered, but who knows. Proprietary. I'm going to give the buna ones a go and compare. And then share, should the topic come up again. (Though I've finally started keeping a list of everything I want and prioritising so I don't just buy when I think of something... that is bad for a crafter. Bad! Buna is down the list.)

Posted on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:27 pm

If you really get desperate for o-rings, try your local feed store. Go to the section for cattle/sheep/goats and in the section for, ummmm, how to say this politely, removing certain male parts from live stock (think neutering your male dog). You don't have a big choose in color or size, but they do hold up well.

I was cleaning up my live stock equipment and came across my 'neutering' kit and started laughing when I saw the o-rings for this process.

Sorry, just had to share. Farm humor! I raise sheep and keep some goats, alpacas and a llama.

Callie97

Every life needs 9 cats

Posted on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am

Bead Me A Story now carries some EPDM rings in a couple of sizes in some colours TRL doesn't have. Expensive, but for me, I'd rather have a bit more colour to add to my palette when doing colour mixes with jewellery, but not use the expensive ones by themselves. Fairly cheap international shipping from the USA, for a change.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2