Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 2nd)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 106

Posted on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:45 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

dread_biter wrote:
I also want to make a Japanese style maille for bum flap for a friend. This is more fashion related than practical. Please help, what thread do I go to for guidance on my projects?

Welcome to MAIL! You should start a new thread in Knitting Circle to ask for help with making your "bum flap". More people will read it and you will get better answers that way. Plus, I'm looking forward to a thread on bum flaps... Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 am

Hi, I'm Tanner. I currently live in Oregon but for the last two years I've been in Holland. One of my colleagues introduced me to chainmaille at the beginning of my stay in Holland and I've been hopelessly addicted ever since. I recently started searching for ways to broaden my horizons in making maille and I happened upon this site, which I find very inspiring.

Submissions: 0

Hello
Posted on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 am

Very Happy I am new to this site and really have no idea how to post or anything -- Yet Smile ~ I have been making chainmail for about a year now and love it.. have already made several pieces of jewelry including Dragonscale bracelets, and wrapped several things free-form in chainmail as well. I am also interested in Renaissance and Medieval time periods and create costumes based on these times, perhaps once I learn to post here correctly I will put up some pictures of the things I have made so far. I found this site while looking for tutorials to make Left and Right leaning half Persian weaves for the Owl pattern from the Ring Lord site, this site is the only one I found the instructions for both weaves. Thanks to those who posted them Smile

Posted on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Hello and thank you.

I am from Romania, I love to do all kind of things with wire, gemstones, fibre, Powertex and paper. Glad that I found you and all the best to every member !

Do all you want as long as it makes you happy and without making others sad

Posted on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Hey!! Very Happy

I've been using this forum as a resource for about six months now, thanks to a link on FB. Thanks for all the wonderful information!

I decided I better join. Smile

I'm pretty much a newbie, have been CM-ing from books for about 6 months, and took a class from Michelle Brennan at Hyperlynks about a month ago.

The vast majority of my "make" is created as donations to my charity, the National Inclusion Project: http://www.inclusionproject.org/.

I also am a beadweaver, do photography and love music...
Smile [/url]

Morning, all
Posted on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Been a lurker far longer than I've been a member. Figured I'd say hi. I weave whatever my little heart desires. I started with making my own rings. I have spools and spools of 14 gauge steel around my house; in closets, the garage, and even found one under my bed recently. Oops.

Been making jewelry recently for people; collars and ornate Japanese weaves. And paintings, quilts, leather armor pieces, costuming, knitted works and crochet, masks, mosaics... I am all over the place in my crafting and rarely have been keeping any of it for myself.

I also wrangle my kids, work on cars, play multiple instruments, do competitive gaming, and I'm a student amongst other things that I do. So occasionally, I'll show up on campus or even doctor appointments for the kids with a ziploc baggie of rings and pliers, chuckling at the stares.

Anyway, hope ya'll have a good day.

Fier

"May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Posted on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Hello - one of my friends taught me the basics of chainmaille about 5 years ago. Last summer I got into it again, and decided to learn some Persian weaves, so the site & community was pretty helpful with that. It's great because a few other sites are trying to charge money for .pdf weaving instructions, which in most cases is extremely lame (and lazy).

Anyways, I'm joining mostly because I have a tutorial I want to submit, and I might make more in the future. Happy weaving!

Just sayin' Hi!
Posted on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:22 am

Very Happy
New to mailling..not postal service..chains and rings yay Coif Cool Smiley I have managed to sell some things and am learning more every day. Thank you all for putting this sight up. Nice to meet you all

Posted on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:09 am

Back after two years with more or less internet.

Just wanted to say hello again Wink

Herro
Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:11 am

Hi. I just started weaving with my roommate right after my cousin gave a panel on Rhinos Snorting Drano at a convention on my campus.

We're not going to be making large projects any time soon; we're mostly interested in jewelry and keychains. (I might need help finding a good weave for keychains.)

I have a little background in craftsy things. My dad used to make jewelry so I learned a lot from him. I (sometimes) knit, cross stitch and make those string friendship bracelets.

Before you ask- yes, I am a chemistry major. No, don't give me that look. I'm not crazy. My roommate is the crazy one. She's a chemical engineer.

Submissions: 61

Re: Herro
Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:59 am

ChemIsTry wrote:
Hi. I just started weaving with my roommate right after my cousin gave a panel on Rhinos Snorting Drano at a convention on my campus.

We're not going to be making large projects any time soon; we're mostly interested in jewelry and keychains. (I might need help finding a good weave for keychains.)

I have a little background in craftsy things. My dad used to make jewelry so I learned a lot from him. I (sometimes) knit, cross stitch and make those string friendship bracelets.

Before you ask- yes, I am a chemistry major. No, don't give me that look. I'm not crazy. My roommate is the crazy one. She's a chemical engineer.

Weaves For Wallet Chains is probably what you're looking for.

What's crazy about studying Chemistry? I started a double-major in Chemistry and Comp. Sci. when I was at uni. I only dropped the Chemistry because figured Comp. Sci. was more fun.

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Re: Re: Herro
Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:16 am

Thanks for the suggestion! Very Happy

Whenever I tell people my major, they give me one of two looks. It is either "wtf?" or "God have mercy on your soul." I just expect it now. Razz I just love chemistry so so much. It makes me happy. :3

Posted on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi all. I have to say this is a wonderful site. Many contributions have been made to it and I thank you all for your generousity. I thought it would be difficult to make beautiful chains but the site seems to explain things pretty good. I did take a couple of basics classes to help. So I have been learning chainmaille for about 3 years off and on...more on now. Addiction or second childhood. Maybe both!
All the best Smile

Posted on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:56 am

Heyo! I'd been weaving in Michigan for darn near ten years until a big upheaval and move across the country to Washington in 2011. Just getting back into it and really starting to drool over some of the weaves around here. Definitely into the larger projects, armor and such, and looking to get some tools together to do riveted. Now to dive the articles! Uber

my intro
Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi everyone, I am not new to chain mail - Ive been doing it for about the past 5 years off and on. I am only new to this website, however there are weaves and patterns that I would like to try that I haven't tried. I spin my own coils to cut into rings from galvanized steel wire (Electric Fence Wire by RedBrand 17g AWG). I am trying to build a Hauberk but I dont know how to determine the correct size to fit it over a gambeson ( such as the one seen at http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/p-5478-warriors-medieval-gambeson.aspx )

anyways thats my intro.

K.J.Williams

Jump to:  
Page 62 of 90. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 88, 89, 90  Next