Any Cosplayers here?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 0

Any Cosplayers here?
Posted on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:04 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi, my name is Caitlin Sinclair, but you can call me either ScottishWolf or Freya the Mistwolf.

Alright, so I'm fairly new to cosplaying and have decided to make a chainmail cosplay. So, I thought it'd be fun to see if there are any other cosplayers on here. Also, we might be able to give each other ideas on weaves that could be used in cosplay.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:11 am

Yes, I am a cosplayer. That's actually how I started mailing. I had an idea to make dragon hands for a costume.

What weave and stuff will vary greatly on costume and application. I try to include a little mail in all my costumes now. This year for Blizzcon I made a mail 'harness' for some scrolls that will hang off my hip.

Submissions: 32

Posted on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:40 am

Ja, well.. sort of. I don't do specific characters like from anime or whatever, but have been told I look like I stepped out of an old painting. I portray someone from the holy roman empire / Germany from the 1520's.... sometimes a Landsknecht (mercenary soldier), but more often the "jack of all trades" and gainful opportunist forger who, as need for employment arises, has forged documents to gain entry into guilds of tailors, painters, chainmakers... decided it was best to take leave the german territories a while back when I "inherited" a hunting lodge on a game reserve outside of Lucerne.

Okay, so its SCA, calling it cosplay would certainly irk some (mostly some uptight SCA folks), but it is indeed a form of costumes play.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Also a cosplayer and most of my outfits have chainmail somewhere in them...but mostly jewelry or accents. I don't actually cosplay anything at the moment that would require armour.

Submissions: 74

Posted on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:53 am

i'm not much into it these days but, i do make a lot of maille for my fellow cosplayers. mostly scale work and jewelry. if you make anything neet pls do show us.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Posted on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:59 am

I used to be for years, but got out of that and many other fandoms because of the way the people were. I'm to blame for people always storing wigs on soda bottles. I am more interested in making jewelry, maille, and clothes that I come up with, though. I am a little bit involved with the indie film community, so I may make costumes for a friend or relative's film or a friend in the indie music community. But I don't think I'll ever dress up again.

Posted on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 pm

I am new to cosplay myself. I cosplayed at NewCon for the first time as Gentleman Vader. I wore a Red Scale Maille Tie and a suit with a Vader mask. I loved it!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1