Half Persian 4 in 1 Unbalanced variant
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 100

Half Persian 4 in 1 Unbalanced variant
Posted on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

so I was looking at [weave=Half Persian 4 in 1 Unbalanced] and realized I'd been making it for years only I always spiral it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/68156782@N02/9693590143/
I already tried submitting this as a weave so won't again but thought it might be worth a look to someone,,I've been calling it Persian Heart Chain but I guess Spiraling Half Persian 4 in 1 Unbalanced could work too. oh and the spiraling version works best around AR 7 if anyone is curious.

Submissions: 61

Posted on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:53 am

Oh that does look nice!

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Posted on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 am

thanx for the encouragement Kerr, it's fun to make and there is another neat variant if you only spiral every second link.

Submissions: 50

Posted on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 pm

There are several examples (some I believe to be duplicates) of spiraled Persian and Half Persian weaves in the library already, I'm not sure why yours shouldn't be in there unless it goes back to your comment that you don't put enough info in the description for the weaves admin.

Weave Search: Persian Spiral Chain
Full Persian Spiral/Double Half Persian Spiral ([weave=Full Persian 6 in 1 base])
Half Persian 3 in 1 Full Spiral/Half Persian Spiral ([weave=Half Persian 3 in 1 base])
Half Persian Half Spiral([weave=Half Persian 3 in 1 base])
Half Persian Double Spiral(Half Persian 4 in 1 base?)

Based on the information you've given, both words and image, a technical description sounds like it could be Half Persian 4 in 1 Unbalanced Full Spiral.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 97

Posted on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:24 pm

ElementalDragon wrote:
I'm not sure why yours shouldn't be in there unless it goes back to your comment that you don't put enough info in the description for the weaves admin.

That was a part of it. If I'm remembering correctly (it was submitted a couple of years ago), at the time of its submission there was also difficulty discerning it from another weave in the library. The submission photo was also different from the one posted here and not as good an image adding to the difficulty in discerning its structure.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Posted on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:21 am

lol i used a cell phone to take that^ pic. if you all want to document it under whatever name be my guest. I've had people tell me before it's called siamese twist idk if that's true but there may be something to it.

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:45 am

oooh, I like that Coif Cool Smiley

Care to share how you spiral it?

Posted on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:40 am || Last edited by djgm on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

I'm not sure I understand the question,, but it is two 4in1 spirals connected in a persian ridge. here is a link to the only tutorial i've ever made for it, the tutorial has some misinformation in it now that i look back over, i'll edit it when i have time but the pictures are true. http://corvuschainmaille.ning.com/group/Tutorials/forum/topics/persian-heart-7in1-tutorial there i edited all i wanted to over on MWW, Im not sure if that link will go bad now that i changed the name to persian heart 8in1,,looking over I guess it's a progression of Half Persian 3 in 1 Full Spiral but i find using the term full spiral a little confusing especially next to half persian so stuck with the persian heart name. though i guess the variant of only every second link spiraling i was talking about could be (half persian 7in1 half (or staggered) spiral) but i already have a fanciful name for that one too.

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:14 pm

djgm wrote:
I'm not sure I understand the question,, but it is two 4in1 spirals connected in a persian ridge. here is a link to the only tutorial i've ever made for it, the tutorial has some misinformation in it now that i look back over, i'll edit it when i have time but the pictures are true. http://corvuschainmaille.ning.com/group/Tutorials/forum/topics/persian-heart-7in1-tutorial

Ah - I will have a look at that. Thanks Smile

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1