Gallery Submission Badge
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 22

Gallery Submission Badge
Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I just wanted to know the difference between being a "Copper Gallery Image Submitter" and a 'Gold Gallery Image Submitter"? I'm assuming there is a silver one as well, but haven't seen it yet. I thought it might have something to do with the number of submissions one has made, but the person I noted who had the Copper designation had 95 submissions, while the Gold badge holder had 99. And is the maximum number 99, because I don't think I have seen more than that....or is that the number limit for coding? (If that makes any sense whatsoever). I did try searching the site, but came up with nothing.

www.melodytallon.com

Submissions: 100

Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:09 am

I don't think it's real gold anyway I wouldnt worry about it Very Happy btdubs on the subject of gallery submissions I'm loving the look of Gallifrey Art

Submissions: 20

Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 am

The Gallery Badges (And Article Badges) self-award after X Submissions. You may have just hit a user that only deigned to SHOW their Copper One, while having more sitting behind. (And/or there's a glitch in the system)
djgm, for example, displays his Copper Gallery Badge only, while he has an awarded Silver sitting in his profile.

The Badge system as currently designed, allows users to select any of the submission badges to display, not necessarily the "highest" one.

Also, it's interesting that you gave such a precise number... Did you count their Gallery Submissions? Or check the number under their name on the forums... If it's the later, that is a total submission number.. IE: Combined Article/Gallery/Weave submissions.
(IE: Don't trust Lorraine's count of 99 being only Gallery Images... Also don't count on that number to be even close to accurate... Mine, for example, says 20... But I know for a fact I have 13 total submissions)

To answer your original question:
Copper is awarded on your first Article/Gallery Submission
Silver is awarded X Submissions after that.
Gold is awarded X Submissions after that.
(Precise numbers kept secret to prevent people 1 or 2 away from a new "badge" from uploading "any old thing" to get a new badge.)

As far as total submission count goes... There is currently no limit. Aside from the fact that individual files must be under 100kb.
Lorenzo, I believe, has 200+ Submissions, and several other users are fairly high as well.
But that, was a discussion from another time.

Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:17 am

djgm wrote:
I don't think it's real gold anyway I wouldnt worry about it Very Happy btdubs on the subject of gallery submissions I'm loving the look of Gallifrey Art

Oh, really?! No point aspiring to it if it isn't real... Sad ( Laughing ) But thanks re. your appreciation of Gallifrey!

Thanks for the incredibly exhaustive explanation, Daemon! It all makes perfect sense - and no, I didn't count the submissions individually - just went by the number under their username, as you suspected.

I'm afraid if I get an award, I'm going to show it off. So cool to have a pair of pliers under my name...

www.melodytallon.com

Submissions: 569

Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:40 am

*perks ears*

Did someone say badges?! I need more badges!

/me is in quest for the golden notebook.

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:

Badges? Badges? We don't need no sticking badges!

That being said, is it possible to get our badges by postal mail?

/me run away.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
*perks ears*

/me is in quest for the golden notebook.

I know for a FACT he's been trying to crack the code!
<.<
>.>
Yes... I just tattled. Razz

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1