Manwhich Bold
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 0

Manwhich Bold
Posted on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

hi can any 1 tell me what Manwhich Bold is please, i have found a lovely recipe that has this in and as im from UK we dont have it, what can i use instead

Submissions: 100

Posted on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:34 pm

which witch were you where,, google Manwich Bold it's sloppy joe sauce also google Manwitch and which man just four kicks.

Submissions: 50

Posted on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:01 pm

http://www.manwich.com/

As djgm said in and amongst his gibberish, Manwich is a brand of sloppy joe sauce. So, not being very aware of foods outside my own country (USA), I guess my question is how international are sloppy joes? Or, in other words, do you know what sloppy joes are? Smile

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 61

Posted on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:15 am

ElementalDragon wrote:
So, not being very aware of foods outside my own country (USA), I guess my question is how international are sloppy joes? Or, in other words, do you know what sloppy joes are? Smile

Er, some kind of savoury beef mince dish, that's... sloppy?

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Posted on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 pm

kerravonsen wrote:
ElementalDragon wrote:
So, not being very aware of foods outside my own country (USA), I guess my question is how international are sloppy joes? Or, in other words, do you know what sloppy joes are? Smile

Er, some kind of savoury beef mince dish, that's... sloppy?

thats what i thought Laughing, is it a spicy sauce?

Submissions: 50

Posted on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:13 pm

In this instance, Wikipedia gives a reasonable description.
Wikipedia wrote:
A sloppy joe is a sandwich, originating in the United States, consisting of ground beef, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun.[1] Commercially made sauces are also available. Ground turkey or textured vegetable protein may be used as a substitute for ground beef.

1. Ingram, Gaye G., Labensky, Sarah R., Labensky, Steven. Webster’s New World Dictionary of Culinary Arts 2nd Edition.

I think I've also seen chopped green peppers in some. Google gives all sorts of results that might be of interest. Here's a copycat recipe for Manwich, if you want to try to get close to the commercially available sauce.

In my opinion, Manwich is more sweet than spicy. From the description of the Manwich Bold, it may kick the spicy up a bit.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Posted on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:05 pm

thank you ED ill look at it and see what i can come up with

ETA: looking at the recipe its almost the same as a pasts sauce so ill use that

thanks again every 1

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1