Movie Maille
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 42

Movie Maille
Posted on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:15 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have not been to the movies in a long time, but I found some maille in the movies did you see it?

Breaking dawn part 2 - in the battle scene one of the guys looked like he was wearing a box chain and in fact possibly a twisted/spiraling box chain with a interlocking ring pendant.

The new superman movie poster also looks like the new superman suit has a chainmaille pattern. Possibly a bolted mage pattern, but I was only able to take a quick look at it.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm

I saw a picture of the new superman-costume some month ago with high resolution and it has a hexagon-pattern (same as the new spiderman-movie).

Erm, I have to correct myself, I looked for the picture and found that one;
Superman Logo close up
And here is a really close look on the pattern Pattern
Although the second one is not a promo pic of the original costume, but a picture of some display somewhere. Looked at some other pics and they didn't have much detail, but it looks like they actually use this pattern in the movie.

Submissions: 11

Re: Movie Maille
Posted on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

MusicMan wrote:

Breaking dawn part 2 - in the battle scene one of the guys looked like he was wearing a box chain and in fact possibly a twisted/spiraling box chain with a interlocking ring pendant.

You watch that crap?? Razz

I'm afraid I will never notice this because I will never watch that movie.

Posted on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Jax25 wrote:

Yes, I watch that crap. Because I teach I have to at least try to keep up with what is popular. You would not believe how much you can influence a students attitude just by being able to relate to something as simple as a movie. (even if it is cheese)

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:43 pm

MusicMan wrote:
Jax25 wrote:

Yes, I watch that crap. Because I teach I have to at least try to keep up with what is popular. You would not believe how much you can influence a students attitude just by being able to relate to something as simple as a movie. (even if it is cheese)

MusicMan, is he the greatest teacher of all time, or the darkest masochist of 'em all?
Answers to this and other questions, right after the commercial break.

But to be honest, I thought the same thing Jax said ^^ although I have seen the first movie... and I think the second one. And read all the books, because my former girlfriend responded with 'the books are better' every time I tried to tell her how much the movies sucked.... after reading those books, I could bitch about the movies and the books. Was it worth it? No. No, it wasn't.

Back to Sups;
I looked up Magus Weave and it does look like it, although it uses only one ring instead of two and because of that, the pattern moves (so the rings don't flow in one direction) and I don't think this would hold even a second. But hey, it seems like they finally make a movie with Supermans Costume being some kind of cryptonian armour (at least I hope so... because If they want to tell me that Clarks Mom or he himself made that thing, I'll burn every copy).

Posted on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Heck, I wouldn't want to relate to the kids that are into Twailite (spelling as one of my friends spells it), but maybe that's just me. I got about halfway into the first chapter of the first book and went, "This is sh*t. I'm not wasting my time with this."

And Kleriker, I go with darkest masochist. Razz

Posted on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Jax25 wrote:
Heck, I wouldn't want to relate to the kids that are into Twailite (spelling as one of my friends spells it), but maybe that's just me. I got about halfway into the first chapter of the first book and went, "This is sh*t. I'm not wasting my time with this."

I have never read the books, but when it comes down to someone throwing a chair across your room with 65 other kids in the room or that same student keeping another from doing the same. I will watch "My Little Pony" if it helps me avoid that situation.

Jax25 wrote:
And Kleriker, I go with darkest masochist. Razz

Darn you figured me out! Mad

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Posted on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13 pm

MusicMan wrote:

I have never read the books, but when it comes down to someone throwing a chair across your room with 65 other kids in the room or that same student keeping another from doing the same. I will watch "My Little Pony" if it helps me avoid that situation.

I like "My Little Pony!" ...well, the old ones. I don't know about the new ones. But you do have a point. Chair throwing is bad. One must ask though, why were Twilight fans throwing chairs?

Posted on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Jax25 wrote:
I like "My Little Pony!" ...well, the old ones. I don't know about the new ones. But you do have a point. Chair throwing is bad.

Which is a common issue I have when confronted with tempermental 5th graders with band instruments. I once had a student throw a set of orchestra bells across the room with 30 other students in the room and got to him in time before the chair was picked up. It was not pretty.

I also saw the old My Little Pony movies because I was at the perfect age to take my little sister and her friends to the movies. They were much better than the ones now that my girls watch.
Jax25 wrote:
One must ask though, why were Twilight fans throwing chairs?

Because they thought they were Bella after transformation.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Posted on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm

MusicMan wrote:
Jax25 wrote:
I like "My Little Pony!" ...well, the old ones. I don't know about the new ones. But you do have a point. Chair throwing is bad.

Which is a common issue I have when confronted with tempermental 5th graders with band instruments. I once had a student throw a set of orchestra bells across the room with 30 other students in the room and got to him in time before the chair was picked up. It was not pretty.

I also saw the old My Little Pony movies because I was at the perfect age to take my little sister and her friends to the movies. They were much better than the ones now that my girls watch.
Jax25 wrote:
One must ask though, why were Twilight fans throwing chairs?

Difference between Twilight and Harry Potter fans? One throws a chair, the other one weaves his pencil and speaks latin.

Posted on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Yes, I would rather have a Harry Potter fan than a Twilight fan. At least with Harry potter you know when the kids are trying to kill you with an unforgivable curse.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Posted on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm

MusicMan wrote:

Oh Lord. *facepalm* I am very afraid for the next generation.

Meanwhile...

*is a proud Harry Potter fan* *twirls her Severus Snape wand and speaks latin*

Very Happy

Posted on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Jax25 wrote:
Oh Lord. *facepalm* I am very afraid for the next generation.

And now you know why I go try to keep up on what they like. It is called self preservation.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Submissions: 46

Posted on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm

It's not movie-maille, but tv-maille:

A 3-in-1-spiral chain from the Dr Who episode "The Keys of Marinus".

Maille Code V2.0 T6.1 R5.2 Ep Fe4.1 MBz Wghm Cwec G0.4-1.8 I1.2-7.0 N35 Pdsa Dacdjs Xg86t13w2 S03

Submissions: 22

Posted on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:26 am

Catweazle wrote:
A 3-in-1-spiral chain from the Dr Who episode "The Keys of Marinus".

Are you from the past?

/me returns to The Avengers' third season.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next