Joined: July 23, 2006
Location: Standish, Michigan, USA
|Submission Guidelines - Weaves
|Posted on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 pm
|Link to Post:
| M.A.I.L. Weaves Library Submission Policy
1. A submitted weave must not already exist in the MAIL weave library to be approved. Please make sure to check the library before submitting that what you wish to submit is not already there.
2. A submitted weave must not use a name that already exists in the MAIL weave library to be approved. [Also, please avoid using non-alphanumeric characters in your weave names.]
3. A submitted weave must not use a a name that is misleading or incorrect by current mailling terminology to be approved.
4. The description of a submitted weave must contain information descriptive of the construction and properties of the weave to be approved. Make sure to include: ring size and wire diameter/gauge (if giving gauge: if you can, please specify whether it is SWG or AWG wire); AR inclusion is strongly encouraged, but not required so long as ring size and wire diameter/gauge are given.
5. The description and image of a submitted weave may not be used to promote any website/publication/author/business/etc. to be approved. Please try to take clear pictures of your submissions on a non-distracting background.
6. A submitted weave must contain some recognizable, repeatable unit of construction or progressive theory to be approved.
7. A submitted weave that differs from any precursor weaves by the addition or alteration of a structural element that directly affects the shape or behaviour of the weave will be classified as a weave variant.
8. A submitted weave that differs from any precursor weaves by non-structural alterations or additions that only change its appearance will be classified as a weave modification.
9. Weaves library staff will make all decisions on a weave's classification, and may change it as needed to ensure proper organization of the library.
1. Orbital/captive weaves will be accepted if: the orbital/captive ring(s) are used as stablizers for the weave (not valid if the weave would be stable on its own in a smaller AR).
2. Orbital/captive weaves will be accepted if: the orbital/captive ring(s) affect the structure or behaviour of the weave.
If the orbital/captive ring(s) are merely added to the weave and affect only the appearance of the weave the submission(s) will be transferred to the Gallery queue.
1. Progression/regression weaves will be accepted if: there are fewer than 3 progressions/regressions of that weave already in the weave library.
2. Progression/regression weaves will be accepted if: additional changes have been made to the weave that affect the structure or behaviour of the weave.
If there are 3 progressions/regressions of the weave already in the library than submissions of further progressions/regressions of those weaves will be transferred to the Gallery queue unless additional changes have been made to the weave.
Non-Standard Ring Weaves (NSR)
While there is a tag in the weaves library for organizing and identifying weave entries using non-standard rings, NSR weaves are no longer being approved. This tag is to identify, organize, and inform about NSR weaves already existing in the weaves library, and not to encourage adding any new ones. When submitting a weave please use round rings made from round wire as this is the primary ring type used and will help in gathering more accurate AR data as NSRs tend to alter AR. NSR weaves should instead be submitted to the Gallery. Any new submissions to the weaves using NSRs will be transferred to the Gallery queue.