Slender
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 2

Slender
Posted on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

So my roommate screams the other night , and I went to see if he was alright. He sits me down at his computer, and loaded up the creepiest meeping game Ive ever played in my life.

The game is called Slender, set in a patch of woods in the middle of the night. Your mission is to collect 8 pages. You have no weapons, only a flashlight and the.ability to.sprint. Both are limited. The whole time, youre being pursued by the slender man. As you collect pages, he hunts you with
more skill, and the creepiness factor of the game escalates.

Being a veteran of horror flicks and games like Silent Hill and.Manhunt, I thought how.creepy could it be? Ill tell you how creepy- enough to make my hardened veteran roommate scream. For such a simple game, its angst inspiring. And its free! A quick google search will reveal an available downloadable file. I highly recommend it, especially for fans of having the meep.scared out of them.

Anyone else out there a.fan of the Slender man, or familoar with tgis.excellently made.game?

-The Mighty Ramtide

Submissions: 4

Posted on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 am

My cousin used to be quite the fan of the Slender man, not sure if he still is. I also imagine he would greatly enjoy such a game. It's the exact kind of thing he looks for, I'll have to mention it to him.

The game that you mention reminds me a lot of the SCP games. Ever try any of those?

Posted on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 am

Cant say I have.. Are they good? Whats SCP?

Ive been doing a little brushimg up on my slender man mythology. Has your cousin looked at the marble hornets entries? Creepy pasta forreal. Seems slender the game draws on the experiences of a Mr. Alex K, from what I can fathom.

-The Mighty Ramtide

Posted on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 am

I think he lost interest in Slender man once I told him that is wasn't real, so I doubt he's looked at anything recent.

SCP. Secure Containment Protocols. Basically a wiki with a collection of entries from various authors. Supposedly about some agency that collects or contains various paranormal entities to keep the public safe. I suppose you could check out the site for yourself, if you wish.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/

Also, I just tried that game you mentioned. Got six pages. I'm content with that for...forever >.>

Let's see...SCP...we have: SCP-087, SCP-087-B, and SCP Containment Breach
I'd recommend playing them in that order, if you can. Also, Containment Breach is in Alpha right now, so they're still working on it. Looks promising, though. If you liked that Slender game, I'm sure you'll enjoy the SCP games.

Posted on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm

I have a lot of doubt when it comes to things I havent seen, being a devout rarionalist. I guess my interest in this character stems from creative hobbies. A splittibg image of the nonman in a short story I was writing. That, and such an enigmatic figure is a wonderful archetype of fear.

I only got two pages.. And yeah, im pretty gpod on playing it again too. I looked up the end of the game, and its basically what we all think it is going to be.. Sad

SCP seems interesting. Ill hafta read moar later.

-The Mighty Ramtide

Posted on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:37 pm

I actually did play it once more with my cousin as a way to support him (he's a scaredy cat sometimes). I'm up to 7 pages now. Still have no interest in playing it further, though.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1