Second Necklace for my wife
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 1

Second Necklace for my wife
Posted on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:33 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

My wife's birthday is coming up again, and I made her a new necklace. I bought Chained awhile back, and the Rondo A La Byzantine necklace just jumped out at me as a beautiful project that my wife would love. So, after a few false starts (got the wrong size rings for Helm chain the first go around), I started on it. Last night (actually, 3 hours last night, and off and on at work today, with about 45 minutes for the beads). Surprisingly, the weave itself wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I used rings from TheRingLord, and the drops are just some store bought Czech beads from HobbyLobby. I had to buy some ball point beading wires to string the beads. First time doing that, so the wires are a little longer than I wanted, and I had to set them at a funky angle due to space.

There are some issues with it. My "medium" rings (to use the term Rebecca Mojica uses in Chained) are, I believe, the wrong gauge, and so the AR is rather high. My Byzantine connectors have 4 rings instead of 2 or 3, and it still looks rather loose. I still have leftover rings. Should I try it again with smaller connector rings?

Submissions: 106

Posted on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Yeah, I think you are right about the "medium" rings being either too large in inner diameter or too small in wire diameter. It makes it look a bit floppy at the bottom. But hey! You're learning and doing very well in my opinion. Keep weaving and having fun! Also, you are much faster at completing a piece than I am. It takes me forever. Smile

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Well, for my tastes, I agree. The helm looks great, it's just the byz sections that are very floppy. If you're going for a shaggy look, I think it would work great but personally I like tight weaves. Smile

Submissions: 16

Posted on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Like said, it is shaggy, but the look works.
Smaller rings could work, but it would be tricky to find the exact size.

Nice work with the closures (I think... I can't see any... thats a really good sign ^^).

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1