Steampunk/Wire-work necklace
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Wire Arts

Submissions: 96

Steampunk/Wire-work necklace
Posted on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Having fun with clock parts.........

Steampunk necklace made from clock springs, re-claimed copper wire, and upcycled jewelry parts. 14ga, 18ga, and 20ga round, square, and half-round wire used.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:08 am

Poor clocky....
Like the idea with the spring, played a while ago with old clockparts, but it never occured to me to use the spring for anything or that it could be usefull for something as simple and beautiful as this.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:44 am

Love the piece. How fun.
Really nice layout.
I have a good friend that loves steampunk.
I'll send her here to check it out.

Deb Smile

Posted on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Thank you! Lol, Kleriker, the clock was already dead. It was one of my dad's alarm clocks and he has to tendency to kill them by winding them up too tightly.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Submissions: 149

Posted on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Well Narrina, at least your dad's insistence on using somewhat outdated devices serves the purpose of providing you with bits and pieces you can play around with - to get some impressive results. Very Happy

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper MAl Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Ps Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hip

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Posted on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Smile

He has a digital alarm clock now because the others just don't last long enough; wasn't an insistence of using one kind over another, just what easy to find and affordable (didn't need to be fancy, just needed to work).

Insistence is futile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Posted on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Nárrína wrote:
Smile

He has a digital alarm clock now because the others just don't last long enough; wasn't an insistence of using one kind over another, just what easy to find and affordable (didn't need to be fancy, just needed to work).

Almost killed my first pocketwatch the same way... luckily it didn't break, bur just got stucm jn some way, after playing a bit with the inside, it got free again. And yes, i mean play, i thought the clock was done for, but it was fun to poke around.... i was really young.
But i would never use one of those old fashioned alarm-clocks, yes, i love clockwork-clocka, but first the sound would give me heart attack and secondly, i can't stand the clicking sound in my bedroom ^^

Posted on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Kleriker wrote:
Nárrína wrote:
Smile

Almost killed my first pocketwatch the same way... luckily it didn't break, bur just got stucm jn some way, after playing a bit with the inside, it got free again. And yes, i mean play, i thought the clock was done for, but it was fun to poke around.... i was really young.
But i would never use one of those old fashioned alarm-clocks, yes, i love clockwork-clocka, but first the sound would give me heart attack and secondly, i can't stand the clicking sound in my bedroom ^^

Lol! I know what you mean. Those things are sooooo loud! Fortunately for my mom, although we have a couple of those kind of alarm-clocks, my dad was using the newer wind-up ones that aren't as loud. Unfortunately, they also weren't as well made as they either kept breaking or just plain didn't work very well (and then broke).

Insistence is futile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:02 pm

How on earth did you make that spring look so cool. Your stuff is always so amazing.

Only one word can make me angry, and trust me dear, you can't pronounce it.

Posted on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Nárrína wrote:
Lol! I know what you mean. Those things are sooooo loud! Fortunately for my mom, although we have a couple of those kind of alarm-clocks, my dad was using the newer wind-up ones that aren't as loud. Unfortunately, they also weren't as well made as they either kept breaking or just plain didn't work very well (and then broke).

Wouldn't help me, my last gilfriend got one of those not so loud ones, but i have a rather good hearing jn a bad way, i can't 'ignore' a sound 8don't know what its called in english, but basicly, it is really hard or near imposible to hear something above other sounds or ignore a single sound) and in the quit of the night, the little ticktick gets really annoing. As i took the clock out of the bedroom, i felt kinda like hook, but withiut the wish to smash (or fwar of crockodiles.... those are kinda rare around here)

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Haha. Kleriker = Hook. Smile I have a small cheap plastic clock from IKEA that ticks and I had to banish it to my bathroom to become my bathroom clock because the ticking annoyed me so much. I think you and I must have the same condition.

Posted on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Jax25 wrote:
Haha. Kleriker = Hook. Smile I have a small cheap plastic clock from IKEA that ticks and I had to banish it to my bathroom to become my bathroom clock because the ticking annoyed me so much. I think you and I must have the same condition.

Lol, my sister has one of the really, really loud vintage alarm clocks and it's ticking used to keep me awake as well. I had to hide it to try and muffle the sound on days she didn't need it to have even a hope of getting to sleep.

Insistence is futile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Posted on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Funny thing is, as a child i used to have one of those cheap battery-clocks in my bedroom and the ticking was kinda nice, but after a couple of weeks withthe clock out of juice, i couldn't stand it anymore.

*looks at his hand and wonders how he would look with a hook* hmm.... i think my touchscreen would hate me....

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1