Couple of sculptures
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Wire Arts

Submissions: 96

Couple of sculptures
Posted on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:13 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Haven't posted anything for a while so I thought I'd post a couple of my recent wire-work projects Smile.

Wire and found object dragonfly sculpture. The body is made up of a rusty screw-bit I found outside while taking a walk, the rest is made from 20ga and 28ga wire. The 2 1/8 inches long with a wingspan of 4 3/4 inches and stands about 1 inch tall.

This was part of my mom's birthday gift this year. A very large damselfly sculpture (wingspan of about 16 to 18 inches) for her flowerbed. I took apart a few copper candle holders I made a few years ago and reused them to make the damselfly. The main body was one entire candle-holder that I reshaped and attached some beads and a couple buttons to. The eyes are actually buttons that I just repainted.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Submissions: 106

Posted on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 pm

I love it Narrina! Very whimsical. Very Happy And I love dragonflies. I swear they follow me around the yard, watching me. They seem very curious about what I'm doing. (Either that, or I'm just waaaay too paranoid...)

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 96

Posted on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Thank you! Smile

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

I've never thought about doing sculptures, but that's a really good idea! also for my theater projects, as a kind of occupation on stage (sculpturing) GREAT

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1