WTB: Gold Anodized Aluminum Rings
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 0

WTB: Gold Anodized Aluminum Rings
Posted on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I'm looking for some shiny (new process) gold rings made from 1.2mm wire in the following sizes...

5/16

11/64

4.0mm / 5/32

and if possible 3.5mm rings made from 1.0mm wire.

If you have a minimum order size I'll do my best to meet it, but initially I'm thinking between 250 and 500 rings for each size.

I'm not quite clear on how the anodizing is done, other than before the rings are cut...but if I could just buy coiled wire, that would be great.

Thanks

Submissions: 20

Re: WTB: Gold Anodized Aluminum Rings
Posted on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:52 pm

SSIXS wrote:
I'm looking for some shiny (new process) gold rings made from 1.2mm wire in the following sizes...

5/16

11/64

4.0mm / 5/32

and if possible 3.5mm rings made from 1.0mm wire.

If you have a minimum order size I'll do my best to meet it, but initially I'm thinking between 250 and 500 rings for each size.

I'm not quite clear on how the anodizing is done, other than before the rings are cut...but if I could just buy coiled wire, that would be great.

Thanks

The 5/16 and 11/64 might be hard to find... 5/16 is huge for that size wire, and 11/64 is also a rather uncommon size...
TRL does 1.2mm @ 5/32" (Listed on their site as 18g 5/32)
http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=175&cat=Anodized+Aluminum+Jump+Rings+16g+to+18g&websess=17835585413162

They also sell anodized wire, but are out of stock on 18g Gold
http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=129&cat=Anodized+Aluminum+Wire&websess=17835585413162

Martin might be able to help you out, but if they're sizes he doesn't stock, I imagine the minimum order might be a fair bit larger than 250 to 500 rings...

Might I suggest using a substitute for the Gold rings? Yellow Brass perhaps?

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Maybe I've made an error. I was intending to use the 5/16 and 11/64 for helm chain. I've never used anodized aluminum before, and was figuring I'd need the same ring sizes that I use in the other base metals n plated wire I've used.

If someone could make a recommendation for the AA ring sizes I'd need for helm chain, would be greatly appreciated.

As for the yellow brass, I'm wanting to use the gold aluminum to replace the red brass I'm currently using. I really like the color of it, but it tarnishes quickly. I thought the AA might be a good inexpensive alternative.

I'd really love to get my hands on just the wire so I can cut any size I might need, but all the AA I've found is dead soft. I'm looking for something along the lines of the 5356 BA alloy I'm currently using.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1