Calgary area maillers
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Group Projects

Submissions: 7

Calgary area maillers
Posted on Fri May 02, 2003 7:17 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I'm curious if there are maillers in the Calgary area who would be willing to undertake a joint project-- A giant ball. Why? For two reasons. One, for the hell of it, and two, because I know a crazy bastard who wants a six inch diameter chain ball of some sort. This must sound very peculiar to those of you reading it, but one of my more eccentric friends wants a large ball of that size, any pattern apparently.

Submissions: 7

Posted on Wed May 07, 2003 7:07 am

Well, the ball has been done and completed. I'll be submitting a gallery photo of the thing shortly, but it was done with tripled 12g galvy links at 1/2" in varying Japanese weaves, and stuffed with leather scraps. Anyways, for the next project-- This one involves money, should anyone be inclined by the root of all evil, Very Happy

I have a need of not one, but THREE byrnies. 5/16" rings, and made to a specific set of measurements. The scoop is, that one of the local bands wants to do a video shoot, and the theme of it is, well, frankly... weird. They requested three generic chain shirts, and several smaller pieces of mail/scale. The smaller pieces were things such as belts, and spiked glove-backs, already complete. The shirts, however, are not complete, and are being crafted at my usual rate of $300 each, 3/8" bright steel rings. If anyone would like to assist me with these, I would happily share half my profits.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:16 pm

I've just now signed onto these boards, but I'm in edmonton, and the drive down to calgary is on I make fairly often.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:40 pm

i made a 6" galvy ball out of j5/j6 (the dodecahedron).. and also a mobius ball© of simialr size, out of rings of rings.. fun toys. to bad they were galvy, and galvy sucks.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Calgary + Area Revival
Posted on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 am

Looks like a decade has almost past since this posting was created. I've been weaving up a storm here in Calgary and I'm wondering who and how many of us there are here in Alberta. Maybe I will find some of ya' or you'll find me. In any case, if and when that happens; let's make a master group project and community come together a little bit more!

"Live Well"[/quote]

Submissions: 10

Posted on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 am

I'm from Airdrie, Ab

my Favorite Medium is 14G Galv wire.
and I don't mind the idea of Joint Projects!

Posted on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:33 pm

I know this is a super-old thread now, but I just moved to Calgary from New Brunswick and all I have with me are my tools...I'm suffering withdrawl!! Sad Anyone else around Calgary who wants to just hang out and do chainmaille? Maybe someone who can show me how to make my own rings, since I'm too chicken to do it on my own (I tend to not use too many sharp things...)

I usually make jewelry but I made a bra for my cousin's bachelorette party back in April (it was hilarious, all the other girls wanted one too), and I'm up for projects of any sort; I mainly do this for fun. I left a couple of unfinished projects back in NB, so its driving me crazy!!

Let me know if any new projects come up; I'd love to get in on one while I furnish my new apartment and wait for my next order from TRL.

eadig

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1