2010 Birthday Club
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 149

Posted on Mon May 31, 2010 10:15 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Here as proposed, the image of the gift I got.

(Click image to enlarge)

Again: Thank you, April.

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper MAl Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Ps Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hip

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Submissions: 0

Happy Birthday to Me!
Posted on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 pm

I was out of town over my birthday this year, (as I usually am), so I wasn't even thinking about getting a gift from my birthday club partner.

So, today, a few days after my birthday, I had the most fabulous, fun, international mail box day that I can remember! The new hat and shirt that I just ordered 3 days ago from Michigan (well, not international, but fun, anyhow), a package from China with an ebay purchase, the UPS man brought my TRL order from Canada, AND a package from ZiLi in Germany! What Fun!

ZiLi sent 2 bracelets and a necklace!

I will try to post a photo of them, but don't have much hope that it will work...maybe someone can help me out here....ZiLi, maybe you took better pics before you sent them. I do need to work on taking better pics, these were simply scanned in. They certainly don't do justice to the real items!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/4781201252_b1a141c3f0.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4781201372_c77ac3ab14.jpg

I'm not familiar with any of the 3 weaves, so I'm pretty excited about figuring out what they are. The narrow bracelet is stainless steel, with just enough stretch that it fits perfectly! The wider one is dragonscale (I think?), stainless steel as well, with bronze(?) smaller rings inside. It is so slinky, I can't stop playing with it!

As a first guess, I thought the necklace must be made out of anodized air because it weighs nothing! My second guess is probably titanium. The colors are wonderful, and a little 4 gb flash drive is true bonus! The weave appears to be a double spiral, but when I put it down, it lays in a totally diferent pattern! Whatever it is, I love it! I'm also going to have to try that attachment clasp, that is pretty slick!

Anyhow, thanks so much ZiLi! I love all 3 pieces!

Posted on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Vickie, I'm glad you like the pieces I sent. So let's count what I sent.

The elastic bracelet is a 3 columns wide GSG (HP3S6 sideways), Stainless Steel, with rubber band inside, made to fit your wrist.

The wider one is, as you identified right, a Dragonscale, but it's made from Bright Aluminium and Bronze. If the GSG3 fits, the DS bracelet should fit as well.

And the necklace is anodized Titanium. It's weave is Harvest Moon, and the piece is published already (with photo) in the current theme contest thread. BTW: Have a look into the USB stick's contents...

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper MAl Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Ps Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hip

-'me

Submissions: 4

Posted on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 am

Quote:
It is so slinky, I can't stop playing with it!

everyone loves dragon-scale! Razz
(and it can destract any/everyone as well)

Quote:
BTW: Have a look into the USB stick's contents...

surprise! it's the bill! the packaging was the gift!

Posted on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:30 am

The thing is, nobody else gets to play with the dragonscale, cuz I won't take it off!

I just had a few minutes to check out the usb stick! Wow! I can see a lot of my future spare time being taken over trying to do some of those weaves! I really like bracelet that has the clasp with the bead in the center, that is lovely! Is that you in the coif pics? It's always nice to put a face with a name.

Posted on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am || Last edited by ZiLi on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

slicvickie wrote:
The thing is, nobody else gets to play with the dragonscale, cuz I won't take it off!

I just had a few minutes to check out the usb stick! Wow! I can see a lot of my future spare time being taken over trying to do some of those weaves! I really like bracelet that has the clasp with the bead in the center, that is lovely! Is that you in the coif pics? It's always nice to put a face with a name.

1) the Dragonscale: I tell you that is was near to the point you wouldn't have got it, as my daughter had grabbed that piece - So I had to start another one for her - and give here rings and clasp to finish one herself.

2) I made a couple of beaded bracelets, that have a bead included in the clasp as well. So the continuity of the chain is imho much better achieved, and the clasp has not such an 'alien element' look as often seen on else really fine pieces that are spoiled by a inappropriate clasp.

3) Yes that's me - the beard length varies with time (as it's trimmed from time to time), but the hair grows, and grows, and grows...

But now we should finish that here (or move over to another topic), as here is chat area, indeed, but this topic is reserved for the Birthday Club's communication...

-ZiLi-
Edit: Typoes removed - who finds further ones, may reuse them freely

-'me

Submissions: 9

Posted on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:55 pm

OK, I've been a slacker and haven't posted pics of my presents yet! So, here goes:
from Narrina: beautiful sterling earrings with black onyx beads

and from Musicman:
lovely byzantine earrings:

And, my very own basket (it was filled with yummy candy, but that pic wouldn't load)!

Thank you sooooo much to both of you for the excellent gifts!!!!

Submissions: 42

Posted on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:15 am

Sorry just saw your post. I am glad that you liked it and I hope you find a good use for the basket.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:04 pm

OK, I have had a lot going on in the last few months.

But for purposes of this board, the relevant info is that I'm not online much anymore. My motherboard went out on my pc and I'm saving up to get a new one, but even then...I have moved and need to pay off my bill that I didn't know I had from 7 years ago in order to get my internet turned on!
I do have internet at work....so I can keep caught up on the birthday club stuff......though it might be slow work, since my excel spreadsheet with all the info is on my pc, which is dead Smile

So, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here, just having technical difficulties lately.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:27 pm

thank you thank you thank you to slicvickie for a fantastic wrapped bottle!!!

the package came and it was really big. I'm thinking....that is a helluva box for a bracelet or something. I started unwrapping and got to the present. When I felt it I thought....oh yeah, I remember alcomene saying my partner wanted to know what kind of bottle I liked. then I unwrapped it and my mouth dropped open and I immediately thought.....
OH MY GOSH THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

seriously..I love it! It is just enough and not too much.

I brought my husband over to see it and he said "that is awesome!! when did you make that?" I told him it was my present and he told me to go put it in the bedroom right away since that is the only safe place in the house right now. We have construction going on and 4 crazy kittens rampaging the house.

soooooo...where is the pic you say??? ummm..my camera is mostly dead and with the construction and new roof I can't afford one right now. I will try and get my camera to work or figure something out as soon as I can.

Glad you like it!
Posted on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Cindy,

You're welcome!
That was quite fun to make, I'm glad you like it!

I took a few pictures before I mailed it off, so I'll post one here.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:07 pm

oh excellent!! I am glad everyone will get to see it sooner Smile It really is pretty!

thanks again!

Submissions: 42

Posted on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:30 pm

That is beautiful! Great Job and happy birthday Cindy. Smile

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey everyone.
I wanted to let you guys know that I'm still without a computer, could be another month or so. I have the spreadsheet with everyone's partners on it; however, it's the old one, before some people dropped out. I have sent out reminders that I know of. Please let me know if you can't remember who your partner is or if you need any information...otherwise, I'll assume you have it squared away.

I don't want anyone to get left out on accident!

Also, I don't know if I will continue to be coordinator next year. With all the craziness of my life lately, I'm just not sure.
Please, if anyone wants to step up and take over or if we want to do a vote for a new coordinator, please message me or we can talk about it on here.

Thanks

Posted on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 am

Got my package a couple days ago. Waiting till my B-Day to open it. Can't wait >_<

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 5. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next