New Byzantine web?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 6

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:35 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Sorry, I don't know anything about 3.0, but if there were a weave taxonomy chart that would be awesome.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Submissions: 149

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:47 am

nope. There isn't such a chart I'd be aware of. But there are a couple of rules, how a weave admin should behave if (s)he's presented a new weave submission. Due to gaps in these regulations (regulations often cannot rule things that not yet even exist), weave admins have a tough, unthankful job, and often have to decide on personal experience or even taste. Fortunately I am not the one who has to klick the 'approve' or 'remove' button for weaves (I guess I would too often than good use the 'remove' one due to my very technical approach, discounting artistic aspects)...

Another one of my frequent BTWs: I really like your variant, despite thinking that it doesn't fulfill the requirements for a weave submission. But feel free to submit it - Legba as Weaves Admin isn't bound to follow my proposal, and might decide to click 'accept'. But anyway: It should be preserved somewhere (Gallery/Articles) in our database, if it not enters the 'sacred halls' of Weaves...

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper MAl Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Ps Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hip

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:05 am

If anyone feels the need to submit Byzantine Web Triangle they have my permission to use the image I posted. I don't think I'm up to writing a description of it. The byzantine units (pairs of units?) are .035" 308L wire, 1/8"ID. Connector rings are .045" 308L wire, 3.16"ID.

ZiLi: You mentioned earlier you thought the connector rings were too small. I agree.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Submissions: 337

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 am

Cuchulainn if you're not up to writing a description I would suggest you submit it to the Gallery with ring sizes and then at least it is recorded under your name.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Naw, I'm going to cowboy up and write a description myself, but I'm going to swap out the connector rings for bigger ones and get a better pic.

Thanks all.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2