The new choker is done!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 3

The new choker is done!
Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Yes, it's copper. No, I don't care that Swarovski are "too expensive for cheap wire." It looks good and gave me some practice wrapping.

I'm still getting used to the new camera a little, but damn it's better than the old piece of junk.

JPL5 1mmX4mmID.
Celtic Spiral Knot 1mmX4.8mmID, .8mmX3.2mmID, 1.2mmX4mmID.
FP6-1 1mmX4mmID.

1mmX4.8ID Euro 6-1 Linked to HP4-1 in the same size, by .8mmX4.8mmID (visible mostly from the back.)

I need to clean up the clasp design a bit I think. After having worn it the last day or so I've noticed the rings and hook are a bit too small. The entire piece is noticeably weighty, but super comfortable to wear.

Submissions: 153

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:43 pm

I love how organic a nice sheet weave feels if it has enough looseness. For me it's the adult version of a baby blanket. If you can stand it on its edge like that and it sags like a clay pot your child made in arts and crafts then you have a winner. Very Happy

Submissions: 12

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:10 am

Surprised OMG The choker is sexy as hell. I should warn everyone else I've had the privilege to see this piece being made, I know how long he's worked on it and how much effort he's put into it. The results definitely were worth the time and hassle you had at some points in construction.

I told you there's NOTHING wrong with using copper wire with crystals different colors of different metals set off the items in question better than others. I do love the look of the copper with the amber ones I think those will sell nicely simply because of the fact it reminds me of autumn.

I'm so glad the camera I sent is working out for you - and you've only had it one afternoon. The difference is amazing - I think you'll love the macro feature too - when you get used to using the camera overall.

Having seen it being made I can say it would look really awesome on pretty much anyone who likes a nice tall collar style choker. It looks and lays like a wired edged ribbon only with a lot more flow, and substance to it than said ribbons.

In case you haven't heard me say it already...I LOVE the choker. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

The earrings are nice too (but you know how many pr of earrings i've made so earrings are just another item to me of late).

AWESOME JOB Charon!! Keep up the good work

Submissions: 1

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:02 am

Surprised Surprised That chocker is AMAZING!

Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Submissions: 106

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:12 am

Very striking Charon!

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 337

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 pm

I have no problem with Swarovski being used with copper...I LOVE copper.......

....and that choker is AWESOME!!!

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 3

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 am

Now I have to come up with something to top it... and that's gonna hurt. ;>

Submissions: 12

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:43 am

Bigger isn't always better. I think that you have a couple of ideas percolating upstairs...I still like the serpie one we talked over...just gotta figure out your weave.

I still LOVE that choker...good luck with your sales

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1