I'd like to buy several PDF tutorials here!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Fund Raising

Submissions: 0

I'd like to buy several PDF tutorials here!
Posted on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:29 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am interested in buying a PDF tutorial for the 4 examples below. I found them halfway down the Weaves page. I don't see where to upload pix of them, so I hope you know which ones I mean.

I have learned many advanced wire jewelry techniques with PDF tutorials. I'd say on average I pay $7-$8 each. The sellers could split the tutorial fees for using this site as a selling venue. It would be nice if buyers/user members could retrieve their purchased tutorials in their Profile page in case of computer crash losses. Create a "Like This? Buy it Now!" button/link next to the Artisan's Pix & description. That would take you to a Paypal Cart.

1. Double Spiral - (Exact HSN chain that brought me searching on MAIL)
Also called 'Rope', double spiral is spiral 4 in 1 with all of the rings doubled. It actually keeps its spiral form better than standard spiral using the right ring sizes. Sample shown uses .040", 11/64" stainless steel rings (AR: 4.9).
Submitted by sakredchao.

2. @Spiral Wrap - (Just LOVE this "No Twist" chain style!
This is what happens when you wrap Spiral chains around each other and connect them at the ends. Unlike a single Spiral chain, it maintains its spiral shape perfectly. Submitted by coyote.
Submitted by sakredchao.

3. Coyote's Crazy Spiral - (I wanna learn this one too!)
I was experimenting with new types of rings and I managed to find a way to make interlocking double figure eight rings. I used them to make a 4 in 1 Spiral and this is what it looks like.
Submitted by Coyote.

4. Dreadlock - (Unique, yet fairly simple look!)
Dreadlock is very similar to Jens Pind, but it is NOT Jens Pind. This was created while playing around with spiral 3-1. It begins the same as a 3-1 spiral but continues as if the spiral is unwound (just like Jens Pind) This makes very thick chains and is very strong. Rings shown are 14ga 3/8" ID Bronze. However the weave looks much better with thicker rings (another similarity to Jens Pind).
Submitted by Chou.

5. I'd like to learn Daisy Chain 2, submitted by Elemental Dragon later - it looks hard, but with a PDF tute, who knows!! LOL! Surprised Surprised

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:12 am

I don't quite understand what you want.

Tutorials are free to use to learn from. You only need permission to copy them (for example, to print them out, sell them, use them in a class, etc).

Are you wanting PDF versions of those 4 tutorials, and want to pay for them? Are the online versions insufficient for some reason? I am confused.

Are you suggesting we create "Buy it now" buttons for here, or, are you talking about hosting those tutorials on your own website? I don't quite understand that part.

MAIL, at present, does not own the copyrights to any content. It is all the property of their owners. So, if you would like permission to copy any of the materials here (tutorials, images, etc), you would need to contact the individual who submitted it and ask their permission and work out a private arrangement.

I can help you a bit to track the members of interest down:

Sakredchao is one of the founders and sits on the board of directors. He stops in every few weeks. Just PM him and ask. I believe he is of the opinion that anyone is free to use his materials for whatever they want, but, of course, I can only encourage you to ask him personally, not give you permission myself.

Coyote, best I can tell, has been gone a long time. You can try contacting him and asking permission. If he is out of contact, there is no method of gaining permission, his work would be forever tied up and unavailable for copying.

Chou is still around, though you will find him on http://theringlord.com/forum/ more than you will here. He'll respond.

Elemental Dragon posts here regularly, almost daily. A PM should suffice for him too.

Submissions: 0

Where to find Step By Step instructions for these?
Posted on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:20 am

I'm very new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm lost. I can delete this post...as soon as I find 18, 20, 22 gauge wire needs, tools, instructions with pix for the 5 Spiral? weaves I listed. Help please to find out where to get the pix & instructions for at least the first 2. Thanks! Juli Wink

P.S. Gosh No Cynake! I don't want to host a PDF Tutorial selling venue...I'm a a buyer! I can't do both! LOL! This site suggested that they could use money & I know PDF Wire Tutorials are BIG now! I hopped over to your link, but alas, not the Spiral PDF tutorial I'd like to download. I was thinking that adding a top M.A.I.L tab where members could sell their tutes & split the TOTAL (Paypal fees included) would help generate money for the site while helping us buyers find what we need too...just a thought...

I've got to go to work soon but I'll be back tomorrow & learn a little more navigation skills at MailleArtisans! Thanks for your help! Thanks! Juli Wink

Posted on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:33 am

Oh, you want to pay someone to create these tutorials because we don't have any written yet?

The link to TRL was so you could look up and contact Chou, if you want to. Not where a link to the spiral weave was.

Umm, try posting in the Articles section. Something like "Bounty offered for new tutorials", and say you'd pay X amount if someone would create a tutorial for whatever weave. If.. that's what you're asking.

Volunteers generally go underappreciated, I'm sure a little monetary compensation would be appreciated.. though.. in terms of a fund raiser... I dunno.

If that's what you're saying, I do kinda like that idea in the long term, as a fundraiser. See a weave that doesn't have a tutorial, put a bounty up on it, and someone who wants to help pay our bills can write a tutorial for the site and let MAIL collect the bounty. Or split it. Or whatever.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:36 pm

you are welcome to use any of my articles for anything where you are not receiving payment.

if you want to hire a renderer, try the trading room. the trick might be finding the renderer who knows the weave you want.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Posted on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:41 pm

Here is a FREE tutorial for the double spiral:

http://www.marilyngardiner.com/Pages/BT%20Projects/Earring%20Project%205.html

It's quite good.

Deb
---------------------

(formerly maillemystique)

If you aren't willing to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1