Forum procedures Question
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 36

Forum procedures Question
Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am new to these forums and how they work so I was hoping someone could help me out. When I post a response or question you can check "Notify me when a reply is posted", but I have never received a notification when there is a response even if one has been posted. Is there something I am not doing correctly or do you just have to remember what/where you posted and check periodically. I have tried to find the answer elsewhere but to no avail.
Sorry for the dumb questions.

Thanks

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 14

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Sometimes it works for me, and sometimes it doesn't. I've gotten notifications of PMs and such 3 days after I actually recieved them...Razz

I usually look at the thing with the index of all the boards and look at the threads I've posted in to see.

Good luck and welcome! Very Happy

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:06 pm

You might also want to check your spam settings in your e-mail account. I get an ungodly amount and recently set the spam setting higher in mine, but found that e-mails notifing me of topic replys were going directly to my bulk folder.

Barring that, you can do what DQ said. On the board index page, top left, are three links; "view posts since last visit" "view your posts" and "view unanswered posts". Click the "view your posts" link and it will take you to a page listing the threads you've posted in.

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks for the help Deirdre and Druid Queen!! One of these days I will sit down and understand all these message board/forum/blog..... things.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 pm

You have to have a letter from your mother, hop on your left foot while doing the hand jive and singing the theme from Bonanza......

Just kidding. What Dierdre and Druid queen should work just fine.

Sometimes the system can be a little sensitive.

Posted on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:17 pm

grrlgoyle wrote:
You have to have a letter from your mother, hop on your left foot while doing the hand jive and singing the theme from Bonanza......

Just kidding. What Dierdre and Druid queen should work just fine.

Sometimes the system can be a little sensitive.

Is it really that easy!!! Coif LoL Being a music teacher I have to do more than that just to get the kids to pay attention. I have been thinking on a maille jacket or tie to get their attention, but even then who knows.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1