My challenge to the ingenious of the site.
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

My challenge to the ingenious of the site.
Posted on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:38 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I challenge (or request) anyone who is willing to accept.
My challenge is to design a shock displacing weave wich can withstand, and protectr against blunt attacks, and piercing thrusts.
The voodoo weave is somewhat along the lines, but it could be taken to an effective level. my goal is one that can be hit with a blunt object and beable to protect a 1.5'' thich piece of glass from cracking or shattering.
All thosewho are interested can take inspiration from the mobius ball© and the "voodoo" weave.
I would do this myself, but, I don't have the income to spend on chaimail right now.
Good Luck, and Godspeed Needlenose Pliers Wink

My way is of THE wsword, and THE sword alone, My sword is God's word.

Submissions: 74

Posted on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:08 pm

frade that there is no phsable way of doing that. i can swing a sword at right around 200mph and same with a mace, no maille is going to stop the kenetic eng that is force back into the person that is waring the armor. it will knock you down and brakith your ribs.

Now you could do it with non-maile using rubber and plastic. but that a big bulky suit of armor. Now Don't Laugh but this is more relistic to what you can do.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 72

Posted on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:55 pm

Firstly, welcome to M.A.I.L.!

That's an interesting proposition you make. One I won't do. Very Happy

What exactly would be the use of such an object? I'll agree with MaxumX. There are other materials that would be far more usefull (lighter, tougher, etc) than maille.

You might be able to make a fairly loose (springy, load absorbing), really thick, jap cube, but then weight and actual usefullness come into play.

Peace.

Mical. Coif Smiley

Submissions: 3

Posted on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:47 am

i will agree with the others and say that without some kind of padding the chainmaille itself wouldnt be able to stop any blunt force trauma, chainmaille is supposed to protect against slashing,
but not stop any force, so in no way possible could maille protect glass anymore than around 3 inches of cotton would.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:40 am

I don't think it would work either, but I would like to see the testing, if for no other reason than to see chainmail clad glass getting smashed Uber

Submissions: 74

Posted on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:59 am

That would be fun to look at woulden't it.. Hammer 1: Glass and Maille 0...lol

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1