25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
my parent doesn't work
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
i don't have a parent... :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
i am a parent and i want better for my children (a.k.a. my job sux)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
my parents moved me a dozen times in my life... it was horrible leaving friends and being the new kid.
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
my parent doesn't work... i wanna be just like them
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Submissions: 10

Posted on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:19 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I passed by a church the other day... The priest was preaching politics... *shudder*

_________

Being from the third world, BMR claims the right to speak in the third person.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:59 pm

that is a huge reason i'm between churches right now... polotics. i've been spending sunday mornings with my wife in the woods on nice days. young couples shouldn't be expected to go to church... we need our time alone...

Submissions: 38

Posted on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:30 am

i used to be a non religeouse person and didnt expect i would ever be a christian, i didnt realy beleave any of the stuff and i feared death

but about half a year ago i became freinds with a new bunch of kids who were increadibly nice people, i went alone to there youthgroup and attended a christian group thing at school just to check out what christianity was like and every things slowly started to make more and more sense. i went on a youthgroup camp and by then i was sure i wanted to become a christian.
now i go to church, bible study, youthgroup, scripture and our schools christian group, ive never been happier, i dont fear death, and my parents have notice an big change in me.
im a anglican christian and the church i go to is realy relaxed and un-stirct.im currently trying to get my parents to come along to church and i find that pretty funny as its often the parents trying to get there kids to come to church.

i dont quite get that no girlfriends thingo, seeing as though good relationships glorify god.
the whole catholic thing realy confuses me, expesialy the confesion box, i mean why cant we confess our sins to god by ourselves?
i dont see how haveing good christian parents can mess a child up, i know so many people in that situation who are the nicest people i know.

my brother on the other hand... he gets drunk, gambles, ive found condoms in his room, he steals from work and has reacently started smokeing.

wow, i just go on and on and on... well thats my story, cyas!
Andrew.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:41 am

It's not that they are "good christian parents" that is the problem, it's the fact that religion is crammed down the kids throats. Religion should be a active choice for people. If you are forced to do something you don't want to do a resentment begins to build.

I was raised Catholic and forced to go to church every Sunday, I went to a Catholic school for a while and had to attend mass every Wednesday as well. When I was old enough I was given the choice to continue with the Catholic church. I chose not to. I went out and found what suited me and I'm a happier person for it.

I am not a Christian. I have no problems with Christianity, save that they believe theirs is the only way. I think that it is extremly vain to force someone else to your religion. Really when all is said and done I think that every religion is just a different path leading to the same center. We all worship the same god, we just call him/her/it by a different name.

Posted on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:13 pm

Hear hear!

_________

Submissions: 50

Posted on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:59 pm

I'll try and keep this short.

Not to try to annoy anyone here, but not everyone worships a god. I am probably best described as agnostic, although my beliefs (or lack thereof) come from several different "classifications".

I grew up going to church, but wasn't unduly forced to. It was just something that our family did. I went to church on a regular basis until I was out of high school and attending college. As I got older, I got progressively more and more uncomfortable because it felt like I was pretending to believe something I didn't. I don't know why belief didn't catch with me, when my younger sister is what I would call a true Christian. She represents everything that I believe a Christian should be. Of course, I'm not around her 24/7, so my perceptions may be skewed, but growing up with her I'm sure I would've seen something that didn't fit.

Sorry, drifting a bit off there. My dad was a truck driver for most of his life. At one time I had thoughts of being a truck driver, as well. My mother has done several different things in her life. I'm more like my mother in that I tend to job hop. I have no desired career. I'm not focused enough on any one thing. I may be mildly ADD or some such, but seeing as I haven't been officially diagnosed or such, I can pretend I'm just as "normal" as anybody else on this planet Smile.

BTW, to me, "normal" is as real as Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny. Smile

Posted on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:37 pm

BMR is mostly an agnostic, with rather strong nihilistic and anarchistic tendancies.

_________

Submissions: 38

Posted on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:07 am

i believe that chrisitanity is the only way to salvation but i am against foarcing my beliefs onto others. and the bible portrays the same belief there.

Mark 6:11- And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."

2 Corinthians 6:3 - We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited.

Matt 7:6 - "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

that last one was a bit confuseing. back onto the topic... my dads a pathologist so he looks at poo, blood and urine samples for diseases and theres no way im gonna be doing that!

Posted on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Meh, five billion years from now, none of this will be remembered, none of it will matter. We don't ask to be born into this world and we kick and scream when we leave. Man grasps and tears to find his niche in a world without one, and turns to the skies to find a point to an existance without one.

Not meant to be derogatory to anyone, but that's just what BMR believes. Sincere apologies all around if it offends anyone.

_________

Submissions: 3

Posted on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:30 am

No offense here BMR, we all gotta have something to believe in. Even if it's nothing. That sounds kinda oxy-moronic but it's true.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:54 am

BladeMaster-Raven wrote:
Man grasps and tears to find his niche in a world without one.
I have a niche, and it is called 'Me'. Razz

Is it conceited? Absolutely, but it keeps my intention's good and, ironically, thoughts humble. I value myself quite a bit, but ultimately I realize I'm a complete idiot. I enjoy making myself a "better" person, but regardless of how superfluous I may or may not become there will always be someone better. So I keep striving for that unobtainable goal.

In a way you're right BMR, although I have found my niche, it isn't there. Smile

(I've been awake for 20 hours so I hope that made sense to someone besides me. Rolling Eyes )

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas. I just think about it.

Posted on Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:52 pm

That my friend, is exatly what makes humans so great. The ability to dream, the ability to hope, to believe. Rationally, logically, there is ultimately no meaning to anything whatsoever, no matter how you look at it. But Man, in his irrationality strives to find meaning, he can Dream, he can Hope. For each of us, we create our own meaning, no matter the fact it doesn't exist, and we Dream, and this is what makes humanity so great. The ability to Dream in the face of Oblivion.

_________

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3