slow submitions
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 38

slow submitions
Posted on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:17 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

about a week ago i submitted 2 news weaves and a bracelet to the gallery and i was just wondering if there was something wrong cause it doesnt seem like MAIL to take this long

sorry if im bieng impatient... just makeing sure theres nothing wrong.
Andrew.

Submissions: 93

Posted on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:31 pm

Nothing's wrong, we're just swamped. Also, check your PMs to see if there was a problem with your subsisions...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 38

Posted on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:46 pm

oh ok, no worries. take your time
if you need a helping hand i volunteer my services

Submissions: 77

Posted on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:37 pm

5 days isn't much. There used to be a point where I could approve weaves the same day they were submitted or at most the next day. Because of the size of the library, it's much harder now for me to make sure a weave is unique.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:43 am

Perhaps if we made a prelim viewing area for the whole board to view submissions before they were approved? That way if someone recognized it as a weave, or as a variant of one, that would make your job easier.

Sort of a nonofficial to official.....

You could even lock the threads (if there was one) once the final decision was made, to limit endless argument.....

Submissions: 93

Posted on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:50 pm

Can't do it. An admin has to scan all submissions to ensure the site stays family-friendly...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 8

Posted on Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:02 pm

Could you take the previous idea and just make a que so that an admin just has to make sure it's family safe then just put it up for all to see/judge as suggested in previous post?

Seems like a quick look and an admin would immediatly know if it's profane or not rather than checking for profanity as well as all the weaves varifying its oringinality. Not that I'm trying to pry into yall's buisness, the idea just popped into my head so I figured I'd suggest it. Smile

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas. I just think about it.

Submissions: 51

Posted on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:50 am

That does seem like a good idea, preliminary viewing.

Is Deirdre back from her move yet, because there seems to be a backlog on gallery submits.

Oh, and by the way, if any one has to contact me, I'm experiencing email troubles, so please PM me.

Dart

It's never too early to be listening to your car while you are sittin' in Rod Ryan!

YMBAMI your dog is the only one on the block who can't swim, but he's a heck of a diver though
-Dragorlad

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:46 pm

I am fully moved in and getting ready for Bumbershoot. I have a regular internet connection now though and was actualy just getting on to say that I am going to spend a couple of hours later this evening clearing out the queue.

Things are finally getting a little calmer around the house, so I will be back to full speed with my admin duties very soon.

Just an FYI, I will be gone Thursday - Sunday at my sisters wedding in Montanna, then gone again September 1st - 5th in Seattle vending at Bumbershoot. Other than that I'm good to go.

Submissions: 14

Posted on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:43 pm

How's it going for article submissions? I put one for HP 3/1 in about 2-3 weeks ago. I think I did everything for it correctly, and don't remember getting any PMs or emails, but I could have messed up when submitting it. (Never submitted an article before, you see.)

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1