Dream theater inlay
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 38

Dream theater inlay
Posted on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:06 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

David Austin! Dood, might i just say how awesome that inlay is! sure it probably isn't the best Ive seen but you chose such an mad logo!
cant wait to see more of your stuff, cause i really admire your work, especially them baskets.

PS dream theater are in my opinion the best band in the universe and when i have more money ill have to buy more of there stuff!

Submissions: 77

Posted on Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:36 pm

FINALLY! I've been waiting to see this thing. Andrew, of course they're the best band in the universe. That's not even questionable.

I have one complaint. The downward point of the M should be lower, as if inside the middle beam it would touch the bottom of the ellipse. Still amazing though.

Submissions: 7

Posted on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 pm

I love it! I don't usually post here (even forgot my user name), but when I saw that inlay I had to stop in and give my compliments to the creator. I love Dream Theater! They're one of the best out there (for me they tie with my other fav band Queensryche) in my book! Wonderful job!

Sunstone

Submissions: 578

Posted on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:36 am

What's a Dream Theater?

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Posted on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Joking aside, I saw Queensryche live. They opened for Judas Priest. It was a good show.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.

Posted on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:19 am

I saw Queensryche and Dream Theater coheadlining for... um... I have no idea what the tour was, just that they did that.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:24 am

Mmm, Dream Theater and Queensryche... *salivate*

Anyone listen to Slave to the System...or LTE?

There might be better bands out there than DT... I mean... well, it's still damn hard to best Portnoy...

Posted on Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:11 pm

Liquid Tension Experiment is definitely thinkin' man's music, along with DT and Queensryche.. I'm a metal head for sure, but some of that progressive stuff is a little over the top for me. One prog band I've rather enjoyed is Fates Warning, of the few albums I have by them.

Submissions: 7

Posted on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:59 am

I like Slave to the System too. I didn't care too much for LTE.

Posted on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:37 pm

I updated the inlay. It was an initial error in the planning phase. I've made the inlay more closely resemble the actual logo.

Posted on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:14 am

Did you base the update on my submitted pattern or just wing it based on the criticism?

Posted on Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:07 am

I just winged it. It would have been way too much work to redo the whole bottom part. So I took out 10 or so rows, then adjusted the angles of the lower two diagonal lines.

So the inlay is still not completely accurate, but it's still much better than before.

Submissions: 4

Posted on Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:47 am

queensryche is not that related sound to DT kinda weird that those 2 would be peopls favourite. actually no because my 2 favorites are DT (including LTE cause its basically the same band) and nofx which is even farther away than queensryche : \

maybe a big piece could be a new big project to donate and get mad props from them Smile

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1