newbie introduction & induction (MA)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:25 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi I'm Desi, and I've been mailing for about two weeks... until I ran out of rings, wire and skin. It's been about two years since I picked it up so I still class myself as a noob. I'm from Melbourne, Australia and a friend linked me to this site. I'm also interested in off loom seed bead weaving and lampworking... which I'm trying to get into.

"Its better to burn quickly and bright, than slowly and dull without a fight" - Peter Steele, Type O Negative

Posted on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:07 am

HI im sam. i go ans mr.wednsday because of my love of odin(aka wotan...(wednsday is named after him)) but ya ive only been working on maille foe a few weeks but it been everyday . im currently making a 4-1 longsleeve shirt with a grizzly trim on all edges.

Posted on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:40 am

Hey everyone Im Dylan and Im new here as well, been mailing for about 2 months now, fun stuff indeed to get addicted too!! Coif LoL

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:30 pm

I guess i should do this Razz

The names bryce.. been mailing for about two years, so far only have 2 shirts and two pouches under my belt.. gotten fairly into chainmaille in the last few months though..

Posted on Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Okay... :waves: Hi! I new... ish... kinda. Okay, not really. I used to post here a few years ago but blah blah blah [insert long rambling story here] happened and now I'm back under a new name! Swee!

At any rate, I've been mailling for sevenish years now (precious and reactive metals). I'm an addict. I dance. I'm an addict. I post here. I'm an addict. Getting a theme yet?

So, greeting all. And that fun stuff.

~D

>You also see a giant hairless polar bear who is sitting.
Ryguard drops a wooly sheepskin.
Ryguard says, "daer now yous won't be nekkids."

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:39 am

Hi I'm Rae and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

I've been learning from and lurking around MAIL for a while now and look forward to learning alot more (just have to get my stock of rings built up so I can go crazy, lol). Have only made bracelets and necklaces so far but can't wait to investigate where else I can go Smile

Submissions: 97

Posted on Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi!!!!!!!!!! I'm fairly new to chainmaille. I've only been making maille for about a year and have been lurking around here for about as long.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 18

Posted on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:45 am

Hi, my name is Shane Gerald Shier, I am 30 years old, and I am addicted to mail...

Er, ok, that is over dramatic, but hey.

I have been mailing for about 3-4 years, though, more so recently.
I started by creating my own maille shirt, and have been addicted ever since. I have been floating around using this site for nearly as long, but haven't started using the boards until recently.

Posted on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:59 am

I'm Jeremy, Im 17 and i live in colorado. Ive only been mailling for about a month now and im pretty sure everybody is sick of how much i talk about mailing, yet they praise me after i complete something cool. I learned about mailing for my little sisters ex boyfriend, he stayed for about a week and he brought some chain mailing stuff with him. So i asked him how he did it and since then ive been addicted to it. At the moment im working on a shirt for myself and I only have the front part done and then i ran out of wire, I never thought that it would be this annoying not having any wire to work with. Well ill quit rambling, if anyone lives in colorado, send me a message and maybe we can talk aboot stuff.

Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive.

Posted on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:34 pm

My names Evan, im not a very frequient (cant spell, arrg Mad) mailler
and i suck at it but oh whell Very Happy

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Veni vidi vici.
Cogito ergo sum.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Four latin phrases i think everyone should know

http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=9551 - R+300 Y W-/$ G++ g18 M+ m !P jw MAIL++ S26062006 Cus Iso-co-rd CC-

Posted on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:51 am

Hi. My name is Alicia and I've been at this about a month. I just want to talk to someone else who does 'cuz those who don't are no help.[/i]

Posted on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm 27 and I live in Oregon with my three children. My dad bought me my first beads when I was nine, and then got me some wire so I could make some ornaments and figurines (bonsai trees!). I've been bead-, leather- and wirecrafting ever since. I've always had fun with chainwork and beads, and didn't start actually making sheets of anything until this year. I design my own jewelry, and sell when I have time, and hope to either figure out how to submit a design to a magazine, or publish a how-to book full of my designs (and if Portland wasn't four hours away, I'd run around up there showing my stuff off).

My favorite place to shop is the scrapyard, you find no end of great junk there that you can turn into an awesome look, and whenever I can't find something, I buy cookies for the guys at the welding shop, and they find it for me.

And when my grandfather-in-law died, he had a whole basement full of jewelry stuff that hadn't been touched since 1948 that the family shipped to me all the way from Long Island---3300 lbs. So if you need crystals that are like the ones from really old rhinestone jewelry, I'm your gal, its not swarovski or anything, but it is the stuff that Hitler buried with bulldozers when he took out the glass factories in Chechoslavakia (I can never spell that). The Chechs then dug it up and sold it to America so that they could have money to rebuild their country after the war. So if anyone's interested, when we're done with the house remodel this fall, I'll start going through storage and posting pics on here of what I have. (I also have 2000 pounds of the big lucite plastic beads that were popular in the fifties in great colors).

I also want to say thanks to whomever came up with the chain-setting for cabs...I now have a way to set some of those crystals that I just couldn't make or buy settings for.

Posted on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:40 am

I'm bouncing back from a two year period of burnout. Sophmore, Junior, and Senior year in high school I made a coif and a shirt. My hands were pretty upset at the end of the shirt, so they quit on me. They've either forgiven me or forgotten what happened, so I'd like to get back into the habit while they aren't complaining.

.jagggar am I, hellO

Submissions: 2

Posted on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:05 pm

Hi, my name is Alex, I'm an addict, and I work in steel. I've been working in 10 gauge for 3 years and I'm trying to convince myself to move to smaller wire for my next project.

Account Lost
Posted on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:17 pm

(also posted in M.A.I.L. Help)

So here is the deal. My account was lost. I started this new one with the same name. IDK if this was an admin action or an accident. If this was an admin action please email or personal message me about the reason for the deletion. If not, i'm back!

Jump to:  
Page 6 of 50. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 48, 49, 50  Next