Date Uploaded: November 24, 2009, 1:44 pm
Last Edited: December 19, 2012, 6:59 am
Article TagsUnit Weaves, Weave Tutorials
Print this Article
Article © MAIL User: NeoLythic
Ring Sizes 1/4 ID, 3/16 ID, 1/8 ID
Wire - .032
1. Close 4 Ό ID rings and connect each with 3 1/8 rings
2. Connect together.
3. Make a second inner layer of rings by capturing the 1/8 rings with 3/16 rings so that it looks this (this is where it resembles the Helm Chain weave.) The smaller rings will make the piece start to close in on itself.
4. Heres where it gets really weird, I sort of fold the piece so if you lay it on its side it almost makes a square,
5. Gently pinch two Ό rings towards each other to close them in,
It should look like this when the piece is closed.
6 .Now its time to close it up! You want to take another 1/8 ring and hook it through the two Ό rings and two inner 3/16 rings. I usually only place one 1/8 ring first just to hold things together. Then on to step 7.
7. Take another 3/16 ring and loop it around the 1/8 ring you just weaved in,
8. From there I weave in two more 1/8 rings through the 3/16 ring, making sure to catch the two Ό rings, and the inner 3/16 ring.
One of the things Ive done using the Helm Orb units,
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=566